To Our Loyal Clients and Community,
On March 24th, in accordance with the State of Indiana’s "Stay at Home” order, Jophiel temporarily closed its storefront, joining thousands of retailers throughout the country in order to protect our communities and help stop the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
Thankfully, on the next day, Jophiel started making face masks to donate and sell to help protect our fellow citizens and loved ones. As of May 1, we have delivered over 2,000 face masks to The Community Health Network and Eskenazi Health in Indianapolis, Parkview Health, SCAN, Visiting Nurse/Hospice Home, Endless Abilities, Women’s Care Center of Auburn, YMCA of Steuben Co., and The Fort Wayne Museum of Art, local businesses, small groups of friends and families and countless individuals. Because of this face mask project, we are considered an essential business. Read more about Face Masks - The New Accessory HERE.
On Friday, May 1st, Jophiel will resume its normal store hours Monday-Friday for curbside pick-up and will now be scheduling private shopping appointments. Our top priority continues to be providing the best shopping experience possible, which includes the health and safety of our staff and our customers. Only one private shopping appointment will be scheduled at a time. Please contact your stylist to schedule.
Retailers re-opening must adopt necessary social distancing, hygiene, and sanitization protocols and practices. Jophiel has already put these practices in place during the last month because of being considered an essential business. Developed in accordance with guidelines recommended by the ACDH, State of Indiana, CDC, and WHO to keep customers, employees, and our entire community safe, these include:
- Robust hygiene and cleanliness. Our store has been deep-cleaned top to bottom and is gleaming! Sanitizer is available at the door, at the counter, and by the dressing rooms. Hard surfaces will continue to be regularly cleaned and disinfected throughout each day.
- Limiting the number of customers. We will begin by offering individual private appointment only. Phase 1 will mean a soft re-opening of no more than four customers at a time, with customers maintaining a safe social distance of six feet or more while shopping, in dressing rooms, or when checking out.
- Personal responsibility. Our staff will be wearing masks at all times, gloves when necessary to assist customers, washing hands/sanitizing throughout the day, and staying “touch-less” with no person-to-person contact. Customers are encouraged to wear a mask when shopping.
- Online shopping, contactless payment, and in-store pick-up. Our website is newly updated with fabulous Spring and Summer fashion selections to peruse and purchase from the comfort of your own home!
While health experts agree that COVID-19 is transmitted through small droplets from the nose or mouth and probably NOT from fabric or clothing, the following additional guidelines will temporarily be in place and requested of our customers:
- Please bring your own face mask to wear when trying on apparel, shoes, and accessories.
- Please maintain the recommended proper social distancing of six feet from others.
- Stylists (wearing masks and gloves) may assist with trying on apparel, shoes, and accessories. Please do not try on earrings.
- Alterations staff will wear masks and gloves when measuring for alterations if at time of purchase.
- Alterations may also be made at a later date.
- Customers are encouraged to try merchandise on in the store until we reopen to 100% capacity.
Spring is in the air and it’s time to fall back in love with the fashionable experience of shopping at Jophiel — #TheJophielWay.
Julie, Nancy, Jan, Scarlett, Kate, and Sonia
Job well done JOPHIEL! Thank you for contributing to the much needed(and required) face mask to our health care workers. You have definitely made a difference. Thank you and God Bless. Micki Mayer
Leave a comment